Curious about the trilogy?
Read one chapter from each of the three volume
The philosophy of Lean Story Design is described in three volumes, each part concentrating on one of the three energy fields that you find in organizations and teams. The books are primarily intended as a ‘light’ introduction to the subject matter, a crash course in connecting stories, smart solutions, powerful teams and resilient organizations.
- The LEAN volume is about the energy field relationship (the How) and focuses on the Lean pillars resilience & autonomy.
- The STORY volume is about the energy field context (the Why) and focuses on storyteling.
- The DESIGN volume is about the energy field activity (the What) and focuses on design thinking.
The books can be read separately, but have the most impact as a triptych.
- Airily written and richly illustrated (in color).
- Short chapters with summary and (team) exercises.
- The books can be read separately.
- Enlightening endnotes, read-more suggestions and handy index.
- References to the free online toolkit for templates, exercises, work forms, retrospectives, energizers and more.
Content of the books
|Focus on…||Process & project||Goal and purpose||Product and user|
|Intended effect||Organic processes||Inspiring stories||Valuable solutions|
|In this volume||Work empirically||The VUCA world||Product innovation|
|Lean, agile & scrum||Personal branding||Solve problems|
|Develop iterative||Designing stories||Thinking with your hands|
|Self-management||How persuasion works||MVP and prototyping|
|Cross-functional teams||Catching attention||A human-centered approach|
|Building teams||‘Play’ on emotions||Interdisciplinary teams|
|Chain collaboration||Speaking in public||Framing|
|Liberating Structures||Develop strategy||The importance of options|
|And more…||And more…||And more…|
In all three volumes…
- The power of evolutionary cyan.
- People – customer and employee – are central.
- Working from the problem – step by step – towards a solution.
- Develop together with, and based on the feedback from the target group.
- Making mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Combine intuition, ratio and just do it (heart, head and hands).