Also in terms of workshops, Corona is a time of riddling with the oars you have. The question is how long we can still provide LSD workshops at a live location (1.5 meters away). It is far from ideal, but that is why we also provide the innovation workshop online.
In the LSD workshop we use a number of tools and techniques to make the innovation workshop more lively via one-dimensional video conferencing . To evoke the energy of a live group workshop …
- …. the LSD coaches are in a studio, complete with green screen , cameras and microphones;
- …. we regularly split up into smaller groups with Zoom ‘s break-out rooms (Bèta in Teams);
- … We supplement the often boring session in Zoom or Teams with interaction. For this we use Mural (our favorite), Miro , Google jamboard and Mentimeter ;
- … For ‘ thinking with your hands ‘ (which is central to design thinking) we will work with materials that everyone has at home such as toilet rolls, A4 paper, pens, markers, cups, et cetera;
- … Based on storytelling, we do a lot with the power of words. For example, we tell each other stories at an online campfire;
- … despite improvising, we try to maintain a clear structure by working with a backlog and a kanban board;
- … we often come up with something fun for the breaks, such as a game of online bingo . Ideas from the participants are of course welcome (and often the most fun);
- … There is especially a lot of room for humor. Online workshops are just strange, but with sufficient self-perspective it becomes a lot more fun, lighter and therefore more effective.
A nice example is the LSD Lean flow online game in Mural.
If you would like to know how we can organize the Lean Story Design innovation workshop for your team or organization online, please contact us via the contact form (preferred), send us an email or call LSD coach Gerjon Zomer on +31 6 – 113 87 133.